Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I changed the name. Hopefully Jeff won't mind. Meleriffic is my Karaoke name and since Jeff is using his nickname I thought I'd add that.

Anyway, my teacher required us to turn a paper into BYU-I's Pre-Professional Conference. I didn't really want to and so was keeping my fingers crossed that I wouldn't be selected. Of course the one time I don't want to be I am. So I get to read "To Catch a Thief" to English students on the 16th. Only it can only be 8 minutes long and it takes me 20 minutes to read it. So I'm going to have to choose some excerpts. I guess I should be proud, but I really don't want to read in front of people.

It's been a long time since I've worked on anything creative. I don't have much time being in school and well Nadia is a little time consuming as well. Also, starting January I'll have to get a job somewhere. :( I'd rather stay home with Nadia, but that's not a financially viable option. Hopefully I won't have to work at a food place.

Our little family can't wait to go to Indiana and see the newest little family group. Olivier is so cute in his pictures. I can't wait to hold him and Nadia can't wait to talk to him. Though she may be a little shy at first.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on presenting your paper, Melissa! That's great! We're proud of you. I'm sort of prepared for Nadia to not know me at first. :( But we'll have a few days for her to get used to us.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's always the best to hear a story from the author... you'll do great!

Also, Olivier can't wait to see his cousin! He's only got one so he thinks she's pretty special! He tells me that they're already best friends!

Ola said...

you go girl! i love the new name for your blog... :)