Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've Had Better Days

What a week this is turning out to be. Yesterday, I didn't feel well, but I had chicken in the fridge that needed to get used so I went ahead and made dinner anyway. Jeff was helping, but with 2 little kids running around (yes Finn is included in that) it wasn't easy. Jeff's back was hurting him so he took a small break on the couch and I decided I needed to get the cauliflower taken care of now and not wait for him to come finish. So I proceeded to chop it up and wouldn't you know I cit myself. I sliced open a crecent on the pad of my right index finger and of course we ended up not having any band aids. (You have no idea how hard it is to type while not using your index finger.)
Still I continued to cook with Jeff's help and in all the chaos Finn ended up over by the trash can and managed to get a chunk of cauliflower in his mouth. Jeff got it out. Of course Nadia kept wanting to help but with all the knives and hot stove it wasn't really a good idea and she'd just cry. During all this Jeff realized we were out of milk and so ran to get some. While he was gone I thought I was going to go insane.

This morning I woke up feeling better but when I came out to the living room found Nadia already up with a carton of eggs in the living room. Most of them had little finger holes in them and some were cracked outright. Then I went to change Finn and he decided to wet when I already had his diaper off. Then a few hours later Nadia did something that made me want to scream because it made such a mess and got sent to her room. So if the rest of the day and the week keeps going like this I think I may go insane.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Well! hopefully Jeff bought some band-aids...and you guys will need to put a lock on the fridge! I think my mom and dad put a home made one on the fridge when the boys were little... you'll have to ask her sometime.

Becky said...

Oh, I'm so sorry it was such a day! (couple of days...) And with all the rain too!! Get a good night's sleep and tomorrow will be better (I hope!)
A couple of steps before 'insane' call me!

Traci said...

hey... I'll see you at that beautiful place called "insane"