Tuesday, November 11, 2008

FHE Fun

Last night we had Family Home Evening. Seeing as it is November and Thanksgiving is coming up we had a short little lesson on gratitude. We talked about the primary song that teaches you how to pray and that the first thing you should do after beginning is "thank him for blessings he sends." Nadia was quite interested and she even "read" the scripture.
Of course her favorite part was the activity. We made a "Thankful Turkey."
She thought it was great to color the turkeys feathers. As we wrote we asked her what she was thankful for. We suggested things to which she would reply "Yes." (Namely crayons.) Then I asked her what else she was thankful for and she replied "Grandma." Isn't she just cute.
In other news both babes are sick and so easily upset. Right now Nadia is crying because Finn is laying on a blanket that she claims as hers. (Of course this could be because she is very and I mean VERY territorial about blankets. It's a comfort thing I think.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruno says she just needs some TLC from Bruno. It sounds like a fun home evening.

Joan said...

It's amazing how these little ones are so quick to catch things...FHE is very important no matter how little they are...Love the turkey feathers :) Big loves

tammy 2-2 said...

Thanks Melissa for the wonderful thankful turkey idea! I have to speak in church in two weeks on gratitude, so we'll do that for FHE at our house and I'll have something to talk about.

Aunt Tam

Lori said...

Cute idea!