Thursday, January 15, 2009

San Antonio

For Christmas, I gave Jeff a trip to San Antonio. We had never been there and everybody was always talking about how great it was so we thought we'd see what all the talk was about. The night before we left, we found out that we were arriving during the yearly cleaning of the Riverwalk. I was so upset thinking there would be no water. Luckily we arrived at the end of the cleaning when they were filling back up. So though no boat rides were available at this time there was at least water to look at. It was such a pretty place. Too bad I didn't think to take out my camera.
This is what I call a "Crazy Octopus Killer Plant." They were all over as Jeff and I took walks through the residental area we were staying in.


We stopped to have lunch while we were at the river walk and were entertained by the birds who would swoop down and steal sugar packets from the table. As you went along the walk you would find evidence of much thieving.

These pictures are of Jeff and I on our way home. We missed are babies and left fairly early on our last day to get home to them.

1 comment:

Becky said...

You two don't look so happy in those last pics! :) Hope you had a really restful time.